Stone Soup Homeschool Network appreciates your interest in submitting an article. In order to submit your article, please read and agree to the following Terms of Submission:
TERMS OF SUBMISSION
I wish to submit an Article to Stone Soup Homeschool Network (“SSHN”). My Article contains unsolicited material which may include, without limitation, original or derivative ideas, works of authorship, joint works, titles, captions, artistic works, photographic works, concepts, methods, improvements, designs, discoveries, ideas, software, websites, trade- marks, trade dress and trade secrets, whether or not patentable or registerable under patent, copyright, trademark or similar laws, solely or jointly conceived, and whether or not produced, experimented upon, developed or reduced to practice (collectively, "Material"). My Article is being submitted for consideration with the understanding that SSHN has not made any promises, representations, warranties or inducements to me personally or with regard to the contents of or any Material included in my Article.
In consideration of the foregoing and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I agree to each and all of the following Terms of Submission ("Terms of Submission"):
1. All references to my Article in these Terms of Submission include, without limitation, all Material and other items submitted as part of my Article.
2. I agree to the Terms of Submission without reservation. I request that SSHN read and evaluate my Article for possible publication in one or more of the various electronic publications created and operated by or on behalf of SSHN ("Publications"), including without limitation the internet website www.StoneSoupHomeschool.com and the related Facebook page. I understand and agree that SSHN would not read, accept or consider my Article but for my agreement to all of the Terms of Submission. I understand and agree that all queries and other submissions will be used by SSHN at their discretion, and that SSHN is under no obligation to return, reply to or accept my Article, including without limitation any of the Material, under any circumstances.
3. I understand and agree that SSHN has no obligation of any kind, express or implied, relating to, arising out of or created by receipt of my Article. I understand and agree that SSHN has no contract, legal relationship or other obligation to me, express or implied, unless and until SSHN and I enter into a separate, written agreement signed by both SSHN and me, which specifically states that it creates a contract, waiver, release, obligation or legal relationship.
4. I understand and agree that SSHN receives many ideas, stories, articles, columns, photographs and similar works and material ("Submissions") and that the files and archives of SSHN contain large numbers of varied themes and ideas for articles, features, columns, stories, artistic and photographic works and all other aspects of the Publications created and published by SSHN. I understand that many Submissions may be similar or even identical to my Article or Material contained in my Submission. I am aware that SSHN is constantly researching and developing new ideas for all aspects of its Publications, and that SSHN is likely to possess, through its own efforts or through other Submissions, material, themes, ideas, articles, features, columns, stories, artistic and photographic works, that relate to family, education, and homeschooling, which are the major themes of Publications produced by SSHN, which are substantially similar to Material contained in my Article. I understand and agree that publication of articles, material and ideas substantially similar to or sharing major themes with my Article is not of itself sufficient evidence to allege or prove that SSHN has wrongfully appropriated my Article or any Material contained therein. I understand and agree that SSHN does not have and will not incur any responsibility, obligation or liability to me for publication of any original or derivative ideas, works of authorship, joint works, titles, captions, artistic works, photographic works, concepts, methods, improvements, designs, discoveries, ideas, software, websites, trademarks, trade dress and trade secrets, regardless of any similarity to my Article or Material contained in my Article, unless SSHN actually uses my Article or the Material (a) as a whole (b) as a direct result of my submission of my Article to SSHN and (c) without entering into a separate written agreement signed by both SSHN and me which specifically states that it creates a contract, waiver, release, obligation or legal relationship. I understand and agree that I will bear the sole burden of proving all elements of any claims against SSHN, including without limitation the burden of proving SSHN wrongfully appropriated my Article or any Material contained in my Article and that my Article and Material submitted by me is substantially different in content from material already in the possession of SSHN or obtained by SSHN from any other source.
5. I hereby represent and warrant to Stone Soup Homeschool Network:
6. I will indemnify SSHN against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, demands, suits, causes of action, judgments, costs and expenses, including without limitation court costs and attorneys' fees resulting from or arising out of my breach of these Terms of Submission.
7. The Terms of Submission represent the only, final, complete and exclusive understanding between SSHN and me. I have no relationship, agreement or rights relating to SSHN except as expressly stated in the Terms of Submission.
8. Nothing contained in these Terms of Submission will be interpreted to require the commission of an illegal act or a violation of applicable law. If any conflict arises between the Terms of Submission and applicable law the latter will prevail, the relevant provisions of the Terms of Submission will be deleted, modified or limited to the extent necessary to comply with law and all other provisions of the Terms of Submission will remain in full force and effect.
9. I understand that the decision to click the words "I ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS" indicates my full and complete agreement to each and every one of the Terms of Submission as if I had signed a written document containing the same.